What Is A Klicker Strawberry™?
A Klicker Strawberry™ is a vine-ripened strawberry that has been grown in the foothills of the Blue Mountains by the Klicker Family. A Klicker Strawberry™ has the tradition of having excellent quality, and of being "Famous for Flavor".
Klicker Strawberries™ are also a tradition of Walla Walla youth who have helped in producing and harvesting the annual crop for the past 90+ years. The current goal of the Klicker family is to provide a ministry to the young people of our community. This will provide the opportunity for them to learn about a good work ethic, leadership, and gain personal growth.
Klicker Strawberries™ are picked without stems, washed, sorted, sliced and packaged in 4 container sizes.
- 28# bucket (approximately 4 gallons)
- 20# bucket (approximately 3 gallons)
- 7.5# bucket (approximately 5 quarts)
- 3# bucket (approximately 2 quarts)
Fresh Klicker Strawberries™ buckets have NO SUGAR
If you are needing strawberries to serve a large crowd, one 28# bucket serves approximately:
- 75 people for strawberry shortcake
- 100 people for ice cream
How to handle fresh Strawberries
Klicker Strawberries™ are a fresh fruit product and therefore need to be refrigerated right away, and not accidentally left in the car, back porch or kitchen counter.
Klicker Strawberries™ are best served or processed the day of purchase. We recommend they be used within 3 days. You may stretch this by a few days by adding sugar or other preservatives.
When fresh fruit is concealed in a container, natural gases become trapped. We recommend "burping" the container by lifting the lid on the bucket twice a day to release those gases.
If you are unable to use your Klicker Strawberries™ right away, place the entire bucket in the freezer.
Some Customer Recommendations for using Klicker Strawberries™:
- Purchase fresh 7-1/2# or 3# buckets and place them in the freezer to use for family gatherings in the winter months.
- Divide fresh Klicker Strawberries™ into zip-lock freezer bags to lay flat in the freezer—it saves lots of space!
- Use the leftover juice in the buckets for a smoothie.
- Freeze the juice to make strawberry syrup over the winter.
"Famous for Flavor" Klicker Strawberries™ are also available frozen.
- Frozen Klicker Strawberries™ can be purchased in Walla Walla at the Klicker Store. They carry buckets with sugar or without sugar the entire year.
- Some of our retailers of fresh Klicker Strawberries™ may carry a supply of frozen strawberries without sugar.
- If you are interested in frozen Klicker Strawberries™ for your retail food service, please contact SYSCO Food Services of Spokane at www.syscospokane.com.
- Frozen Klicker Strawberries™ may also be used for making ice cream, pies, jam or any other processed product that requires high quality strawberry as an ingredient.
- Klicker Strawberries™ may also be custom packed with or without sugar to meet special needs and uses.